Larry Short, PMP, MCSE
Larry Short applies his project management experience to help stakeholders optimize the value of their project and application portfolios. His expertise extends to project management practices and SharePoint governance. He has managed program metrics, forecasting, and tracking customer milestones; and is skilled at building effective collaboration between IT resources, project teams, vendors, and their customers. His goal is for clients to achieve measurable results that support the smooth enterprise adoption of leading project management practices. Larry has worked with Global 50 and Fortune 500 customers to solution-sell consulting engagements that deliver usability and visible results that executives need to highlight.
iSphere Innovation Partners, Houston, TX 2014 – Present
Program Manager / Site Manager
Managed projects, vendors, and executive reporting to ensure Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District’s $90,000,000 bond and e-rate funded technology upgrade moves forward in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Created and executed schedules to meet frequently changing requirements; responsible for day-to-day operations. Coordinated activities between the District personnel and five vendors for implementation of several hundred Cisco Catalyst switches, over 8,500 Aruba wireless access points in classrooms, and over 300 miles of network cabling in 100 schools.
- Facilitated program level meetings communicating roles and responsibilities to over fifteen vendors which included review of assumptions, requirements, and schedule activities.
- Served as central point of contact for internal team and vendor business reviews which included risk analysis that explained significant milestones important to their projects; managed stakeholders and executive communication with the CTO and Directors to drive team alignment, which included daily and weekly updates.
- Designed SharePoint team sites for IT Department and trained staff on their use.
EPMA (PMO Consulting), Houston, TX 2012 – 2014
Cloud and Licensing Manager / Account Manager
Led business development activities, managed training center operations; including recruitment, coaching, and performance management utilizing company values at this Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management consulting start-up focused on Microsoft technologies, providing project management consulting, PMO services, hosting, training, and support.
- 80% RFP response achieved by collaborating with internal and external business resources to grow key accounts; quickly built relationships with key stakeholders to drive functional and technical elements of proposals.
- 50% Increase new consulting engagements over an 18-month period, achieved by establishing new relationships within Fortune 500 companies and engaging with their business and IT management teams.
- Strong communicator with proven ability to analyze technical details and translate that understanding into business goals aligned with project charter; and demonstrate that progress to key stakeholders through SharePoint reporting tools, written month-end reports, and weekly status meetings. Documented business processes and managed contract negotiation.
- Guaranteed engagement health with consistent status meetings, acting as the focal point between technical team and client PMO. Managed vendors on multiple project aspects, maintaining weekly schedule updates giving a look ahead to project managers, and worked with stakeholders to resolve issues.
MICROSOFT (Field Teams), Redmond, WA 2005 – 2012
Technology Strategist / Program Management
Cultivated C-level relationships with strategic enterprise accounts targeted for new business; guaranteed pipeline health by coordinating proof-of-concepts, events, and delivering custom technical presentations; then evaluated the customer needs as they related to the account team’s business goals to seek a win-win solution through a give-and-take process.
- 25% Increase new consulting service engagements over a 12-month period by implementing a marketing plan targeted at technical leads. Result achieved by working directly with services manager to analyze existing sales data to target new customer participation in Windows Desktop and Cloud Computing programs, and coordinating tech support with offshore teams to successfully complete server migrations. Managed over 50 pilot deployments of Microsoft Windows desktop.
- 15% Increase adoption of virtualized technologies by guaranteeing customer loyalty through their participation in early adoption programs. Result achieved through the use of custom demonstrations illustrating solutions and showing ROI of SharePoint technologies to new customers evaluating SaaS and document governance; supporting tasks included evaluating vendors and coordinating C-level customer-focused meetings at Microsoft Executive Briefing Center.
- Defined business requirements and created syllabus for new hands-on workshop, leading internal and external stakeholders in the program’s creation. A proven best practice, the workshop was replicated across the United States by Microsoft’s national marketing team.
MICROSOFT (Inside Teams), Redmond, WA 1996 – 2004
Account Manager / Vendor Relations
Drove channel partner recruitment and certification in the Small-Medium Business (SMB) space communicating Microsoft technologies, licensing, and marketing programs. Conducted persuasive presentations on Microsoft infrastructure server solutions; demonstrating technical features and explaining benefits to customers.
- $2M B2B sales opportunities advanced by driving adoption of Microsoft partner solutions; enhanced the technical relationships between customers and external vendors by serving as a trusted adviser.
- 122% Sales goal driven by engaging 338 opportunities in solutions sales process which uncovered and advanced over $1M in partner sales opportunities.
- 100% Registration goal for vendors joining a national sales program. Result achieved by coaching individual partners; and developing and managing an email campaign targeting 20,000 vendor accounts.
- 135% Goal to increase vendors selling Open License. Result achieved by identifying key decision-makers within the partner organizations and building a concise business case for partnering with Microsoft.
- Managed post sales relationships and solved internal challenge to track product implementation at customer sites. Result achieved through use of internal team websites and creation of efficient business solutions using SharePoint technologies.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- MS, Computer Systems, City University of Seattle, Bellevue, WA
- BA, Communications/Public Relations, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Comprehensive Project Management Workshop, American Management Association
- Agile 101 Basic Principles and Practices Workshop, Sliger Consulting
- Effective Leadership Skills for Project Managers, SEBA Solutions
- Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2013 Essentials, EPMA Institute
- Proficient with Microsoft SharePoint, Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
CERTIFICATIONS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- ITIL Foundation
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) SharePoint, Project
- Member Houston Chapter of Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Shell Oil Company and BP Volunteer Account Manager for PMI Houston Chapter